End User interface in cPanel allows end users to setup and manage Node.js for their web applications. Go to cPanel → Software Section → Select Node.js Version
Web Applications page is displayed.
There are several columns in the list.
- App URI — application URI including the domain.
- App Root Directory — application root directory relative to user's home.
- Mode — can be production or development.
- Status — started/stopped — displays if an application is running or not and version of application.
- Actions — allows to start, restart, stop, edit, and remove a particular application.
To start a stopped application do the following:
- Click Start icon in the Actions column in a stopped application row.
- When an action is completed a Start icon changes to Stop icon.
To stop a started application do the following:
- Click Stop icon in the Actions column in a started application row.
- When an action is completed a Stop icon changes to Start icon.
To restart started application do the following:
- Click Restart icon in the Actions column in a started application row. A current row is blocked and when a process is completed it will be unblocked.
To remove application do the following:
- Click Bin icon in the Actions column in a particular application row.
- In the confirmation pop-up click Agree to start removing or Cancel to close pop-up.
- When an action is completed an application will be removed from the Web Applications table and a confirmation pop-up will be displayed.
To edit application do the following:
- Click Pencil icon in the Actions column in a particular application row. A particular application tab opens.
The following actions are available:
- Restart application — click Restart button.
- Stop Node.js — click Stop Node.js button.
- Remove application — click Delete button and confirm the action in a pop-up.
- Change Node.js version — choose Node.js version from a drop-down.
- Change Application mode — choose application mode from a drop-down. Available modes are Production and Development.
- Specify Application root — specify in a field a physical address to the application on a server that corresponds with its URI.
- Specify Application URL — specify in a field an HTTP/HTTPS link to the application.
- Specify Application startup file — specify as NAME.js file.
- Run npm install command — click Run npm install button to install the package(s) described in the package.json file.
- Add Environment variables — click Add Variable and specify a name and a value.
- cpanel nodejs, manage nodejs, start nodejs, stop nodejs, restart nodejs, edit app
- 0 Users Found This Useful