Updating to cPanel & WHM Version 78
We will be working in our shared hosting cPanel servers to upgrade them to the version 78. This version comes with significant usability and user experience improvements. Some of them are:
- Email Deliverability: replacing the cPanel Email Authentication interface with the new Email Deliverability Interface, which highlights and offers resolutions for common problems with email deliverability.
- Faster Scanning with SpamAssassin: Apache SpamAssassin's performance is improving, including up to 60% faster message scanning, making email delivery even better.
- Email Accounts Interface Improvements: refactoring cPanel's Email Accounts interface to improve its usability and appearance for standard and mobile displays.
- UTF-8-encoded email mailboxes: In cPanel & WHM version 78, added the UTF-8 Mailbox Names option to the Manage Default Email Account section in cPanel's Email Accounts interface (cPanel >> Home >> Email >> Email Accounts). This option enables or disables UTF-8 encoded mailbox names on Horde and Roundcube webmail for a user's email accounts.
- Updated Git Version Control functionality: cPanel's Git Version Control interface (cPanel >> Home >> Files >> Git Version Control) now retains your selection for the Clone a Repository toggle when you clone or create multiple repositories.
- Cannot enter "cpanel" as an account name for email accounts: you can no longer enter "cpanel" as an account name when you create an email account. This does not affect any email addresses with the "cpanel" account name that currently exist. However, if you delete those addresses, you cannot re-create them.
- Automated email archiving in Roundcube: Webmail Roundcube users can now archive their emails directly through the Archive button. You can find the Archive button in four locations within the interface:
->The Inbox's menu
->The Inbox's More menu button (Inbox >> More >> Move to... >> Archive)
->The email view's menu
->The email view's Move menu button (Move >> Archive)
- REMOVED SquirrelMail webmail: fully removed SquirrelMail from the available applications in cPanel's Webmail interface.
Sunday, March 10, 2019